So here are the options for this week:
- leave reviews at the bottom and I will add recipes later...
Lasagna bolognese with a salad of greens, tomato, cucumber, julienned carrots and blue cheese
- this is an easy lasagna: two onions chopped up w/ one carrot into a pan for 5 minutes, then 1lb of ground beef till browned, add 1/4-1/2 cup of white wine along with 1cup tomatoes and reduce for 30minutes with salt/pepper/herbs. Layer lasagna (boiled x 4-5mins) with meat sauce, then a layer of bechamel (made while the meat sauce is cooking - 1/4 cu butter, 1/4 cu flour, 2 cups milk) and then a layer of parmigiano and keep going till you're done - it's easy! 30 mins at 400 degrees.
Panko tilapia with fennel mint tzaziki, asparagus wrapped with bacon and roasted potatoes
- Tilapia is quick and easy: tilapia rolled in eye yolk then quick batter with panko, salt, pepper, herbs and mint sauce with yogurt, mint, a dash of balsamic and olive oil
- Asparagus: parboiled for 5 minutes tips up, then wrap bacon around and broil for 5-10 minutes/side
- Roasted potatoes with salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme, whole garlic and cubed onions
Double baked, double cheesed broccolini with elbows
- Boil pasta for 8 minutes, then add cheese sauce, broccoli boiled for 5 minutes and then mixed with pasta after cheese sauce added. Top all with cheddar, blue cheese and parmigiano and bake for 10 minutes - done!
Ethiopian doro wett with braised kale
- This is a bit more complex as you need to make the spiced butter first
- Followed the recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Stew-em-Doro-Wett-em-353750
- Only changes were chicken breasts only, would use less chicken stock next time and no fenugreek because I didn't have any... was good all the same