- Roast chicken was denied (Alex doesn't love it like I do :)
- Tacos were his suggestion, but in San Antonio, tacos aren't really a dinner party food. More like a big party food- 20 or more people.
- Skewers? Too much work on the grill!
Several salad ideas:
We COULD do an Italian meal- that would be fun! Hmm. Use the Silver Spoon and do some nice cheese and fruit, a simple salad, some pasta... maybe even carbonara... Mmmmm.
New ideas for a summer Italian meal under the trees (with bugspray on) or on couches:
- Salads: caprese with a twist? and http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Raw-Artichoke-Salad-Celery-and-Parmesan-365182
- Main: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/The-Silkiest-Carbonara-395077 or http://www.budgettravelonline.com/bt-srv/images/0610_Recipes.pdf from the Silver Spoon
- Sides (if have meat instead of pasta): http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Risi-e-Bisi-365188
- Dessert: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Almond-Granita-365749