Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner for the week of Sept 11

We start baby classes this week... I'm sort of dreading it and sort of looking forward to it at the same time. On the one hand, I'm excited to be entering this adventure of raising our son with Erin just like I am excited to do anything with her. On the other hand, I'm a little wary of other parents-to-be and their preconceptions and interactions with each other... it's a little hard to articulate what my hesitation is, and it sort of sounds a little snooty... in part I think it's that I actually do know much of the stuff that we'll be learning but mostly I think it's that I think the class will be full of weirdos... hopefully it'll be great!

to the food for this week:

ABA salad with garlic bread
- that's arugula-bacon-asparagus salad for the uninitiated... which would included me until we eat it... seems like a good idea.

Branzino all'Acqua Pazza with Seared Radicchio
- saute 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes, lots of garlic in olive oil, then add parsley, basil, capers, tomatoes, salt and 1.5 cups water
- bring to a boil and then add sea bass cut into 3 inch pieces and reduce heat cooking for about 10 minutes without bringing back to a boil
- serve as a soup along with the radicchio (radicchio basically grilled with olive oil and served with shavings of parmigiano)

Chicken Burgers with Potato-Celery Salad

End of summer squash salad with steak
- this is a repeat from earlier in the summer because we liked it so much and now I get to use the grill for the steak! And we found out that our insurance will actually pay for our health care - so we're going nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment